Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog extensions can't make a particular call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred.nez

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2018
BR
Hi there.

I have an ancient HiPath 3750 equiped with a CAS Trunk (30 channels) running.
Problem that appeared: if any analog extension tries to call for a number that start with digit 4 (example, 4001-XXXX) we get a message from TSP saying the number doesn't exist or the call won't complete, but on digital extensions (Optipoint), the call will complete normaly.

Anyone have faced this problem?

Compare the COS and LCOSV between the analog phones and digital phones and see if there are any differences that would cause that.

I have also used ITR (Internal Traffic Restrictions) to block numbers like that on purpose. So if the phones or devices with the 4XXX extensions have a different ITR number than the ones that aren't, then there could be a rule in the system that says phones in ITR A cannot call phones in ITR B. In our hospital environment, for example, I have all the patient room phones in a different ITR than the staff phones and in an amergency that allows me to restrict the traffic between those phones and other locations so they aren't bothering staff, etc.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks for answer.

The COS and LCOSV settings are the same.
Discovered the problem: local TSP has some issues with phones 4XXX (expecifically 4001).
Tested in another system (same model and version), same conditions, diferent ISP. Analog extensions could complete teh call perfectly.

Called TSP and they are checking in what may be blocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back