Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Extension Login to Calling Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladmin

Instructor
Feb 5, 2003
US
I am looking at using a Multi-Tech solution to provide PBX access (Merlin Legend) to 2 remote users. Is there a way to allow them to login and logout of a calling group since I cant program an ES2 button for them.

Thanks!

coladmin

They can use a feature code to login and log-out - check the single-line phone manual. A bigger issue is whether they would be considerd by the system as external group members. I believe only one "external" extention is allowed per group. So - it depends on this MultiTech solution - and how the system views the remote extentions.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

from what I understand they would just plug into an available analog port on the legend. however from looking a the single line manual from Avaya's website there does not seem to be support for logging in and logging out..does anyone know if this is correct or not?

Yeah - they are not in the single-line phone user guide - and the codes vary a bit depending on operating firmware/software of the system processor. What software version is it on your processor? You can find the appropriate Feature codes to use in the programming Reference Manual. It should be #*44 to log into all groups and #44 to log out - but I would double-check.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I dont know the version off hand. I will need to take a look *44 logs me in.... so I will just need to figure how to logout

Thanks again for the help

I knew it was one of the two - glad you figured it out. You should be all set!

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

yep, I was gonna throw that in too, I use an analog sta daily on a que! .. #44 Logs in #*44 Logs out.

MrTelecom1
Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues
since 1979!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back