Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog DTMF After-Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISPGuyPDX

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2005
US
I am trying add a fax server. The vendor says the PBX must pass the DN as TDMF after the line is off hook. They also say that this is standard for all analog fax servers and analog voicemail servers. I currently have the server connected to four analog ports configured as 500 stations with cicular hunting using DTN.

How do I get the PBX to pass DTMF digits?

you'll need analog tie or did lines for this server. most newer fax servers accept a t1 or pri trunk card for this. the switch sees the server as a remote switch and sends the ext inband dtmf

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Can you be more spacific. I have tried ports from a universal trunk card. The problem with them is the wern't giving ring voltage. So we went to standard analog ports. Yes "larger" fax servers accept T1's this is a small 4 port analog server.

I am looking for spacifics. What kind of port card to use and how to configure it.

Any help is most aprecieated.

loop start did or tie, a universial trunk card, i can post the nt number tomorrow. that will ring in and then send digits after the server answers.. in ld 86 build a rlb sends calls to that route.. then in 87 build dsc's that send the 4 numbers to the server route.. i can post the code from my 81 tomorrow, it will be simular to your 11. it's a pretty simple build

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am working on an Option 51, but yes it should be similar.

i build a route and trunk, put a analog station on the trunk fopr testing, when you dial the dsc routed to that station, answer the phone and hear 4 digits..i think this is all you need
Route Data Block LD 16
Code:
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 36

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 36
DES  TEMP
TKTP DID
M911_ANI  NO
M911_TONE  NO
NPID_TBL_NUM   0
SAT  NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
VTRK NO
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8034
CPP  NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC  NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
TIMR ICF  512
     OGF  512
     EOD  13952
     DSI  34944
     NRD  10112
     DDL  70
     ODT  4096
     RGV  640
     FLH  510
     GRD  896
     SFB  3

IENB  5
     VSS  0
     VGD  6
SST  5 0
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
DLTN NO
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR  NO
VRAT NO
MUS  NO
MR   NO
RACD NO
MANO NO

PAGE 002

EQAR NO
FRL  0 0
FRL  1 0
FRL  2 0
FRL  3 0
FRL  4 0
FRL  5 0
FRL  6 0
FRL  7 0
OHQ  NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART  0
SGRP 0
AACR NO
Analog Trunk LD 14
Code:
DES  TEMP
TN   008 0 11 02
TYPE DID
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK  ANLG
NCOS 3
RTMB 36 1
NITE
SIGL LDR
STRI/STRO DDL DDL
SUPN NO
AST  NO
IAPG 0
CLS  UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD
     P10 NTC
TKID
DATE 31 MAR 2005

Route List Block LD 86

Code:
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI  36

RLI  36
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 36
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
FRL  1
DMI  0
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 1
OVLL 0

Distant Steering Code LD 87

Code:
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC  8379
DSC  8379
FLEN 4
DSP  LSC
RLI  36
NPA
NXX
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC 8379
DSC 8379
FLEN 4
DSP LSC
RLI 36
NPA
NXX

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We went ahead and did the programming per your specs. thanks much for the detail. Still having some issues though. Whenever we dial the DSC we get a fast busy. Same with an analog station plugged in to the trunk. We can dial IN via the analog station on the DID trunk no problem. Incidentally dialing the route access code gives a fast busy as well. I have seen in the past where analog DIOD's need to be programmed on a card type XDID. Is it possible that is our issue? Thanks again.

remove the targ on the route it defaults to 1 enter x1

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I did catch that in your programming and removed the TARG when I built the RDB. What I forgot is that we are using tennant services so had to build the RACC block to allow access to the route. That is done and we no longer get fast busy, but now calls instead of routing to the DID route, get rerouted to the attendant. Thanks yet again for your help John!

tennant to trunk group has burned a lot of us

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,
The problem we are having now is that there still seems to be no ringing voltage. When we plug an analog set in to the DID trunk and call either the route ACOD or a DN that has been CDP'ed to that route. As a result, the fax server will not go off hook to accept digits. Any ideas what we are missing? I can post code if necessary.

unless your lines are loop start you will not get a ring

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We are configured just like the code you provided, with Loop Dial Repeat for signaling. Is that not going provide ring?

have you tried changing the start to lop? .. when i tested i didn't check for ring, didn't see that part of your post. the last ivr i used this config on was a pri set for imm start. i can do some more testing, i haven't deleted this from my switch yet. as long as i am typing, boss thinks i must be working

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

That would be great, I am still stuck. The fax vendor says it is just like all other faxes. It expects ring, then it answers and waits for a couple of seconds for DTMF. If it gets the DTMF it will route the fax to the right mailbox if it doesn't get any tones then it gets routed to an Admin mail box.

I support fax severs and they either have a T1 directly connected to them set up as TIE lines, A PRI, or analog DID's. None of these configurations give you ring then DTMF. Tell your fax vendor that thi is what you have to work with. We use RightFax and there are optins in the software for the type of line. I can't think of ever using a type of trunk that provides ring, waits for answer, then sends DTMF.

Any Fax server has the ability to receive RBS T-1, PRI T-1, DID or Analog lines. The reason Analog was chosen in this case vs. the others, is because the fax card for an Analog Loop start config is cheaper, and provides inbound and outbound capabilities on all channels. Most PBX's (remember I'm a fax guy not the PBX guy) have the ability to pass the Inbound DID/DNIS information as DTMF tones down an analog Loop Start Tie line.

What I've seen from most of the other PBX venders out there is where they will configure the ports as Analog Voice mail ports/extensions, similar to setting up a Switch to work with a 3rd Party VM system.

Basically what happens, Call comes into the PBX from PRI/DID line, PBX takes the DNIS and translates to DTMF and passes an Analog Loop call to the Hunt Group that is pointing to the fax server. The call will ring into the fax server, and the fax server will go off hook receive the digits and then know where to route the call.

Does this make any sense?

Yes, it does make some sense. I have integrated Octel and Centigram voicemail systems to Meridians before, but I used digital sets for integration. Third party voicemail systems typically have integration packages. Maybe someone else knows a way using only analog sets. Sorry I couldn't help.

it makes sense fax guy, might make it eaiser if you have a customer using a merridian switch to print you the config for the trunks and rdb and keep ip on the truck.. just an idea. didn't have time to finish the setup today but should be able to post a complete test monday pm...johnP

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back