Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

analog DID questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
i have analog DID on a MICS 6.1. Is it possible to have the DID target line ring at the boss' desk and his secretary's desk. what we need is it to go to the boss's voicemail. I have the same Forward NA timer for both phones and the secretary's vmail picks up. I'm thinking that the the Forward NA timer on the secretary's telephone (221) has to longer than the boss' phone. Is that right?

Can the secretary have line app for several DID extensons on her phone? Can they simply be the DSS key or must it be the target line.

have sec phone fna 4 other set to 3...for appearance of others if its incomming calls you want to pick up then its the target line ...if its just a blf so you can see if they are on phone then just prog as internal autodial keys if you nee to pick up internal and external and plus see if there on phone you will need to prog a answer dn and a autodial beware there is a limit to how many answer keys per set " 4 to 6 i think"

ONLY 21 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Another option would be to have an "Answer DN" button of your bosses extension on your telephone. This way, whenever his/her phone rings, your DN Button will lamp and ring, but no answer will still go to his/her voicemail.

the draw back to just answer dn is no blf key still need to use autodial

ONLY 21 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

okay thanks. what about if i want to have a second incoming DID call come into a set. Do I have to set the target line "if busy to" setting to the extension number that has the target line assigned. what's the best configuration here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back