Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An other crontab question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elminster

Programmer
Jun 26, 2001
CA
Is there any reason why a script running from the crontab, that start at 10PM and is suppose to last between 2 and 3 hours just stop at midnight?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
-Simon

Does this script do some math on time ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

actually it does ... but i already solve that problem by using a variable at the beginning of the script to save the date and use the variable afterward.

Thanks for the try.
-Simon

Search your script for all occurences of [/b]exit[/b].

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

there is none ... and the script bail-out in a loop that generate 2 files each go around and does that 9 times so 18 files must be generated. The script stop’s after 17.

Tonight I’ll try to start it earlier.

P.S.: when I execute it manually it work fine.

Put a set -x command to trace its execution.

Hope This Helps, PH.

WOW! this is an INCREDIBLE command ... i didn’t know it existed. Thanks a bunch it will help me not only for that problem.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back