Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An odd problem with a column, permissions based I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmurray

Technical User
Nov 3, 2011
GB
Hi,

i currently have a a document library where all documents are stored and all are assigned a managed metadata tag (which then can be drilled through to search) and this all works fine
HOWEVER
I (the owner) can see this column but no other uses can, they see the column header but no information in the column :(

Please Help! My job might depend on it!
Colin

Based on the information you have provided, I can only guess at the moment that this column reflects a document property which is probably restricted(?). As I have no idea what the column is about. This is at the moment my best guess.
I hope that helps.

The column contains managed metadata. The reason for this is we have decided to move away from a folder architecture and to a metadata tag system. So every document is assigned a tag and then the tags are searched. everyone can upload documents, and everybody can tag documents, but as soon as a user has saved the documents properties they are unable to see said tag :(
See

This could be due to a column validation condition.
Open the document library
Click Settings
Document library settings
Under [Columns] Click on the column name
Scroll down and click the Column Validation + sign
On the right side, see if there is a formula. This might be conditioning the entry and if no user prompt is specified, it just goes away if the conditions are not satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back