Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

unprophete

Technical User
Apr 9, 2010
DE

how to rid off following error during boot?

0042-008 NIMkid: Request denied - Method_req

It is problably due to NIM server access problem. How to unconfigure locally the NIM client when the NIM server not longer exists?

unprophete,

I have received these errors many times during a mksysb restore or rte install from the nim server and if this is the case you can ignore these errors. However it sounds like you are getting these on a normal bootup which I have never seen.

I believe you can just remove the /etc/niminfo file from the client to unconfigure the NIM client. That is basically what happen when you remove a client from the NIM master if it was up in your case.

The specified NIM master is not currently configured to define machines on your subnet. The machine must be defined from the master OR a network corresponding to your subnet must be defined on the master before you can add yourself as a client to this NIM environment.

Could be the NIM master’s IP address is specified correctly, but the NIM client’s name is spelled differently from what is stored in the NIM database.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back