Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An error has occurred while connecting to the requested resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftsha

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
I have 30 servers in my PS4.0 farm. One of them is having creating this error when using the web client. It recently had its motherboard replaced and this is when the error started occurring. We can connect to the apps on this box with the PN, but not the web client which suggests it is XML related. We do not use a gateway server, this is all internal.

I am not an expert (obviously) on the inner workings of XML. The Citrix XML service is running on the server and the CMC is showing it using port 80.

What else can I look at?

Any help is appreciated.

have you enabled "Trust requests sent to the XML service" within the server properties in the Citrix Management Console?

Can you telnet to the server over port 80 from a client? The command is...

C:>telnet 192.168.0.3 80

(where 192.168.0.3 is the ip address of your Citrix server)

Thank you for your response.

I kept looking after my post and noticed that the checkbox for "Trust requests sent to the XML service" was unchecked...so I checked it. I still get the error...not sure if I have to reboot the server after changing that or not.

I tried the telnet command and get a blinking cursor at the top of an empty dos window...if I press enter it says

HTTP/1:1 400 Bad request
Server: Citrix Web PN Server
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:21:52 GMT
Connection: Close

Connection to host lost.

Thanks!

the good news is... it sounds like you can telnet to the server over port 80, which is the default port for XML.

Try to restart the Citrix XML service on the server, from within Windows services. If that doesn't solve try a reboot next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back