Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An AutoSave Add-In for Excel XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowers74

MIS
Nov 20, 2002
US
For those of you who wish that Excel XP still had an AutoSave function: [wavey]

I posted a FAQ that should start you out on creating your own AutoSave Add-In for Excel XP.

faq68-4060

I hope this FAQ helps you out.

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

I just wanted to make sure that everybody saw this. My last two helpful hints seem to have been overlooked (ignored?) because I posted them on the weekend.

If you're not interested then OK, I understand. If any ones knows of another way to do this, feel free to post it here.

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

You can simply copy the addin from 2000 and use it in XP. I'll happily send it to if you don't have it.

Regards
Ken.............

I do have it Ken, Thanks.

My point was more on creating a "customizable" AutoSave Add-In. The one from 2000 isn't very customizable.

It was because MS decided not to have one "officially" for XP that I decided to customize my own, and they have proven rather helpful (more than the MS version.)

Did you read the FAQ?

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Aaaaaaggghhhhhh - I think I looked at every bit of it EXCEPT, the bit that says 'instead of copying it from Excel 2000'.

My apologies.

Regards
Ken................

I would like to 'unlock' the autosave.xla file so I can see how it works and then customize it so it can be used with PowerPoint.

How do I unlock it??

Thank you,
Tom

How do I 'unlock' the Autosave.xla file so I can read and customize its code so I can make similar files for Word and PowerPoint??

Thank you,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back