Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AN and ARN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyrishGrl

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
We have a site that has a connection to corporate using ARNs as well as a connection to an AN off the ARN at the remote site. I am considering swapping these out for Cisco 2600s, but need to understand the ARN/AN configs before I can do anything. I can telnet into these boxes and get in using site manager on some of them, but I can't seem to find anything useful in site manager and can't seem to figure out how to navigate the CLI. I basically need to look at the existing configs. Is there something like a "show run" for these things?

telnet to the unit, or use consoll!

login with : Manager

write: "bcc" this will load a config consoll.

write: "config" you get in config mode

write: "show config -all" will give you the config.

But you can't install cisco..2600 is a old crap router..
If you want a good router, you get some Juniper 2300,,

The price on a J2300 and Cisco 2600 is the same.. almost..

Thanks - that worked. As for the 2600s, they are just ones we have sitting around in our lab. Who knows if they will even decide to go that route.

When I tried to go into "bcc" on the AN I got and error fo "BCC requires 2 Mb of free memory. Current avilable memory is 1067504 bytes"

Is there any other way to get at the config? Can you see anything from the technician interface? How can this be managed otherwise?

Thanks!

If you have site mangler loaded you can tftp the config to site manager and view/edit the configuration.
There area bunch of utilities that run under site manager. They were written by Nortel engineers and customers.
I you would like them e-mail me direct.
Just my $.02 worth,the ARN is a solid box----if it ain't broke,don't fix it.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Rick, I'm definately interested in the utilites. How can I email you via this forum?

We will be doing an IP block change soon and I need to figure out the AN enough to be able to change the serial IP. I managed to get the config file ftp'd off the box with Nortel's help. I am viewing it as a text file. How can I view/edit it in Site Manager?

rick.harris@scdmv.net will reach me

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

In Site Manager - Access the AN by putting in the proper IP and community names --> then select F5 for a dynamic look at the config of the An. (if you want to edit it locally, choose F3 and it will give you the ability to select the config file you have stored on your hard drive).

At this point the "Configuration Manager" window should be up. Look at the top and find protocols, select that --> select IP --> select Interfaces.

Highlight the Interface you want and select change. After making your changes hit "Apply" --> then "Done". You should be back at the Config Manager and you can hit F10 to exit. At that point it will ask you if you want to save your changes...say yes.

It might be best to config it locally then tftp it to the router in case you make a mistake - good luck.

Oh yeah, forgot to add...if you just want to look at the config in a text format, use Report Generator. It's a tool contained in Site Manager. Any questions on how to use it, post here and I'll give you a quick run down.

dane - I've never used report generator. How do I get to it?

Bring up Site Manager and from the main screen select "Tools".

From there you can select Report Generator. About the only thing you can customize is the "output format". Try the default first, then play around with any of the other options that appear of interest.

Good luck - Dane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back