Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An alternative to using frames 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabaz2000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
IE
Hi I am currently building a website that contains a flash header with a navigation bar. I have currently split framed the site site and when a user clicks on one of the navigation buttons the appropriate page loads on the bottom frame. I wish to abandon the use of frames as they are a rather redundent technology and try to use somthing else to load my webpages into. I am open to all suggestions really. Is there anyway that you can get the flash header to jump straight to the end at the page load which would stop the movie from playing everytime a user traveresed to a page that contained the flash header.
Regards

Thanks very much for the info. Actually I'd like to try your first suggestion using Flash to obtain the XML/Text data and then pass that data to Javascript to populate the HTML contents. As I'm fairly new to actionscript, are you able to tell me what this code would look like?

Thanks again - will check out the link.

Gwh2,
Just wondering how you got on with this approach, am thinking of perhaps going down the same road, sounds like a better idea than the one I had originally. Could you recommend any more links on the subject other than the ones above, or any other information.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back