Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amphenol for Panasonic KX-TDA100 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

klabaza

MIS
Aug 3, 2005
Hi guys.

I need to extend our current pbx box KX-TDA100, we need to add a extension card for 13 stations. This is new for me, I have some knowledge about analog lines, but is the first time that I have to add a card to a PBX panasonic system.

My doubts are:

1; I can get any amphenol 25 pair or this pbx system have his own amphenol?

2; I cannot switch a station from analog to digital? In this case I need to change my card in my pbx?

Normally the analog station use 1 pair but the digital use a RJ45 connector, what u recommend is suppose that latter the company would like to switch from analog to digital, setup everything from the beginning as digital but used as analog?

Thanks!!!

I can get any amphenol 25 pair or this pbx system have his own amphenol?

Use a male amphenol connector with the pinout as per the manual for your card

2; I cannot switch a station from analog to digital? In this case I need to change my card in my pbx?

Analogue and digital stations use different pairs (4/5,3/6) and unless you have a hybrid card in the system then yes you will need to change the card

A hybrid card let me switch from analog to digital and vice versa?
Just need to adjust the pins?
Nothing happen if I use cat5e / cat6 right?
Thanks!!!

Sorry for ask a lot of the same topic, just want to learn how to deal with the PBX from panasonic.

DLC16-->KX-TDA072 16 digital extension, the manual say for the amphenol:Example from the manual.

Pin 1 = D2A Data Port 1 low Pin 26 = D1A Data Port 1 High
Pin 2 = D2B Data Port 1 low Pin 27 = D1B Data Port 1 High

If I would like to setup a digital phone punching a rj45 jack, I have to punch 4 pins (3-4-5-6)or just 2 3-6 from the amphenol? I want to understand this part.

I ask this because I see that the digital lines than came from this card have 4 pins punch in the patch panel for 1 extension, but I still have doubts of the this settings and want to understand the manual.

Latter, If I connect a analog phone in a digital line wont work right?

Now the SLC16 this is a extension card, the manual for the amphenol say:

1 = RA Ring port 1 26 = TA Tip port 1
2 = RB Ring Port 2 27 = TB Tip port 2

I understand R=Receive and T=Transfer ?

Ext 1 = 1 - 26
Ext 2 = 2 - 27

I'm right?

Hope someone could clarify this I will appreciated, thanks!!!

The DLC16 (Digital Line Card)is for digital extensions only and for it to work on a rj45 jack you would connect to the Green pins 3&6.

The SLC16 (Single Line Card) is for analog extensions only and you would use Blue pins 4&5 T=Tip R=Ring.

Each card only uses ONE pair per extension. A DHLC8 (Digital Hybrid Line Card) would use 2 pair for each extension.

Now, what about the amphenol pins out, what is the relation for the DLC card:

Pin 1 = D2A Data Port 1 low Pin 26 = D1A Data Port 1 High
Pin 2 = D2B Data Port 1 low Pin 27 = D1B Data Port 1 High

1-2 or 1-26?

Is important the position in the jack?

For the analog card SLC is the same:

1-2 / 1-26?

Here my knowledge say that doesn't matter the position in the jack or I'm wrong in the panasonic world?

Thanks guys for your great info, is my first time that I have to deal with a panasonic pbx.

Pins 1 & 26 would be the first pair or the first extension.

Color Code Polarity Amphenol Pin 66 Block Pin Extn.
White/Blue Tip 1 26 1 101
Blue/White Ring 1 1 2

White/Orange Tip 2 27 3 102
Orange/White Ring 2 2 4

White/Green Tip 3 28 5 103
Green/White Ring 3 3 6

Ok too lazy to type more go here:

Guys thanks all for you wonderful help, good to know that exist a lot of people that share their knowledge.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back