Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AMIS Networking on CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPhoneD

MIS
Dec 9, 2002
US
Has anyone had any experience with AMIS networking on the CallPilot - Or where I could go to get some good information on programming AMIS? Thanks!

AMIS is the crap de la crap of networking protocols. If you are planning on occasional networking it may suffice, if you think there will be large amounts of networking traffic, stay away from AMIS. What type of system are you attempting to network to?

Have little to no knowledge on AMIS - what they are wanting to connect to is an Octel product - Inter Change. The CEO wants to be able to record 1 brodcast message and be deposited in all mailboxes at every site, we have Nortel and Octel VM systems.

Couple of things. AMIS is crap and I agree stay away for large deployments. Also look into VPIM I think that Meridian Mail now supports it I am pretty sure Octel does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back