Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AMD XP2000+ *266 Mhz*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Guys,

Have the above chip installedm FSB is at 133 Mhz - Why do I only get a chip spped reading of 1.67 Ghz??

Any help is welcome!

Cloudy

AMD messures the performance of their chips differently than Intel. An Athalon XP2000+ is equivilent in speed of a 2.0GHz Intel but the actual clock speed is less. "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

--Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

Knporter is obsolutely correct, the XP2000+ designation is the perceived speed compared to the equivellant Intel P4 and not the actual clock speed, so yours is set correctly, AMD actually specified motherboard manufactures to update there bios data bases to include the necessary information so that the motherboard actually posts as a XP2000 and NOT the actual clock speed, if yours is posting at the clock speed and not an XP2000 your motherboard will need the bios flashing but it won't be detremental if left as is.
It is also worth noting that this AMD percieved speed rating is actually quite modest!!! and your XP2000+ will easily out perform the P4 2gig.
So don't be annoyed!! performance isn't just dependant on clock speed alone! Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

Guys - Thanks for the advice. It does help soo much!
Thought i was getting ripped off when getting the chip, but my mind has been set at ease!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back