Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ambiguous Names - Type ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
US
I have a user that when he addresses a new email and with type ahead he arrows up and down to select correct name - after he selects the name (ie John Doe)he then gets an ambiguous name box with anyone that has the name John!

Is there a setting somewhere to change this? His address book preference is set to Lastname Firstname, other than that I have no idea where to look for this.

Thanks in advance for any help!
mjmitchell

Does this user have any contacts in his personal Name & Address book ?
There should not be any duplicates in the server NAB, so if there is a conflict, it should be because of some document in his personal contact list. Have a look at his Notes client and check out his personal NAB, I think you'll find the issue there.

Pascal.

Yes, this user has contacts in his personal NAB - I checked and there are no duplicates with the server NAB! I can not find anything in his personal NAB that looks like an issue! I am not sure what else to look at!

mjmitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back