Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ambiguous name detected???? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke61

Technical User
Jan 16, 2004
GB
We are using GMine 5.7 During an attempted mailmerge on my user account I receive a VB error message "Ambiguous name detected" Tmp DDE, does anyone please know what this is and how to cure it?

That means 2 fields have the same field name. If you look at Contact1 & Contsupp, you will notice some of the field names are the same- check title and your address fields

Hope this helps
Dave

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I have opened the two files with Excel but I'm not sure what I'm looking for?
This fault has suddenly happened on my laptop but if I log on at a different machine the merge works.

The field names is what I meant. There is a contact1->city and a contsupp->city. This is also the same for other fields.

The fact that it works on a different machine kind of cancels out my advice though. Sorry.

Wait, try this

Steps:

1. In Word, from the main menu, Select Tools|Macro|Macros

2. From the macro dialog box select the TmpDDE macro and delete it

Close GM & word, then open them and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back