Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Always the same message prevents me from shutdowning my Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoby

Technical User
Mar 5, 2001
FR
Hi everybody,

When I shutdown A NT Workstation I've got always the same message that prevents me from shutdowning it. The message is :

Error Message

Common Winlogon dialog box : winlogon.exe. No disk. There is no disk in A: drive.

Abandon Retry Cancel

What does It want me to do ?
Anyone knows this message ?

Thanks for helping me.

Zoby

Check what programs are running in task manager, cancel anything that shouldn't be their. Secondly check to see whether any anti-virus programs are running, they can stop a shutdown process becuse a lot of them look at the a:\ drive. Just goto the anti-virus properties box and turn off a:\ search on shutdown.

I looked for th anti-virus but no problem (no scan in drive a:) then I search for the solution and I find the problem :

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\winlogon was in Read Access. I give Total Access to it and it works.

Zoby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back