Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

always open new session of IE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprunkard

Technical User
Oct 29, 2004
US
When I have more than one session of Internet Explorer open and I click on a link, like a desktop icon that is a website, it always opens it in the left most session of the Explorer I already have open; logging me out of that session.
Is there any setting anywhere that I can tell it to always open new session of IE??

Hi aprunkard,

Not really an Office-related question, but .. No, I don't think there is with IE. You could try another browser .. Firefox opens it in a new tab.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at [url=http://www.vbaexpress.

Hi aprunkard,

This is certainly not an Office question but:

Tools,Options,Advanced Tab
Scroll down to the browsing section and uncheck the 'Reuse windows for launching shortcuts' option.

This will open a new window whenever a shortcut is invoked, whether from the desktop, or Windows Explorer or even shortcuts you've assigned to, for example, your favorites menu.

HTH

WARNING! New virus! [wink] Couch Potato Virus - Just sits there, eating chips all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back