Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Altigen Altiware 5.0A update 2 hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhgtz

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2010
MX
Hi, I have the next configuration in my PBX
Windows 2000 Server
Altiware 5.0A update 2
3 Triton AL12EXT boards
1 Triton Resources board
1 Triton E1 board
2 Triton VoIP12PT boards

the problem is that for one week ago, the PBX is hanging, no Windows' error, no error at Altiware, only the screen and the PBX are blocked.

So I need to restart the PBX, at the Event Viewer there is no error neither the Altiware System Log.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks a lot for yout help
Victor

It's possible (or even likely) that one of the boards has "gone bad". You may run the regular testing tools (CT-BUS test, etc) and see if you can get it to fail. Additionally, there used to be an Triton board testing tool, but I'm not sure if it's still available.

If you have spare boards (or have a friend or friendly dealer with spare board) you might try swapping some around. That's exactly what we ended up having to do with a PBX that would just "lock up". Found trouble with an older IP board that time. No clue, really what was wrong.

Hope you'll let us know how this goes!

I have seen servers hang like this when the Single Board Controller (SBC) is failing. At times simple as a fan on the processor other times not a simple. There is no real good test for this board like the other borads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back