Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternatives to Roxio DVD/CD 6? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsquared18

Technical User
Jun 10, 2001
US
In Windows 2000, when I was backing up my files to CDs, an older version of Roxio CD Creator worked fine. But since adding an external DVD burner and upgrading to Roxio version 6, I've had nothing but problems with the software. For example, even though I don't close the DVD disc for future additions, Im not allowed to add more files on a subsequent burning. Reinstalling the software hasn't helped.

I just want a simple program that works as easy as copying/pasting files to a floppy disk. Any suggestions on a reliable, simple, straightforward (preferably inexpensive) alternative to Roxio?

Thanks,
Bill

Sounds like Nero's the man. One other question. If I uninstall Roxio and install Nero, can Nero read from and write to a disc that was created using Roxio?

Thanks!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back