Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternatives to Mitel 5310 conference unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crono

Technical User
Feb 24, 2006
US
Hi all,

I just wanted to double check but are there any alternatives to the Mitel 5310 conference unit? We've found that the current speakerphone system does not work in our larger conference rooms. Are there systems that incorporate multiple microphones that work with the Mitel 3300? This would work much better for group discussions (especially in the larger conference rooms).

-C

Just the normal Polycom soundstations work fien on an analogue port. So and analogue conference phone will work.

Or you can now get SIP variants aswell which Mitel have rubber stamped.

So in short yes lots!

Thanks Mitelmatt,

Do you have any recommendations on SIP Polycoms that work well on the 3300?

Hi crono

IP 4000, 6000 and 7000 have all been tested on the 3300

Only issues are around Message waiting and Call park, but you won;t be using those at a guess

I have many Polycoms on my 3300 without any major issues. (CESID notwithstanding - Please hurry with 9.1) Not sure about Call Park but MWI works just fine, But I am using NuPoint Messenger so I am not sure about native 3300 VM but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Thanks again for the help guys.

We purchased a Polycom Soundstation2 EX and it works MUCH better than the Mitel one.

However there is one issue that I cannot seem to resolve and I'm hoping others have a work around.

How did you all get conferencing to work? What I mean is bringing in a 3rd party into a conversation? The functionality is built into the Mitel phones but when we try the conference button on the Polycom, instead of putting the caller on hold the phone will flash and hang up on the other end.

If there are any tip\tricks it would be much appreciated. This is a really nice unit. This is the only part that is tripping me up.

Regards,

C

You will need to assign a code in the feature access code assignment form to use when adding additional parties.

It is exactly the same code you would use with an analog line phone. Use transfer function on polycom and enter this code when you get a dial tone.

In view of the recognized issue(s) with the 5310, is there something coming over the horizon from Mitel that we can look forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back