Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomvear

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2006
GB
is there any alternative web front ends for exchange 2k??? we are having issues all the time with owa and it in some cases only works in firefox and not ie, then sometimes it tells the user the mailbox they are trying to access is deleted or other times it just says access denied, im getting fed up! nobody seems to know what the issue is and its time to just put a new front end on it - if there is one!!!! any ideas? thanks people.

Uninstall OWA and reinstall it. Its probably an IIS permissions issue. There is no other front end and it works brilliantly normally.

you cant re-install owa without re-installing exchange 2k, i dont want it that much!

You can however delete the various IIS folders used by OWA and Exchange 2000 will recreate them for you (unlike Exchange 2003 which is a bit broken in this regard, and requires manual intervention)

Here's Microsoft's take on this:

yeh i gave that a shot a while back to no avail unfortunatly, thanks anyway.

Last seen, I used to insert the Exchange CD, go into install, untick OWA, next a few times and that was it. Then repeat but tick the item.

We already covered deleting the virtual folders ...

I know, but I noticed sometimes the MS-KB are confusing and people skip parts thinking it will be ok.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back