Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative to Symposium client

Status
Not open for further replies.

iptuser

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
GB
Does anyone know of a product which removes the need to use Symposium client for reports. We have located a company which provide us with the status of the Service desk via URL so we do not need to load anything onto a P.C but are looking for the same with reports- any ideas

We currently are having problems with XP and are an XP firm also we package everything so anything which removes the need for packaging would be great

Wayne

Simple, use excel to connect symposium OBDC, create your own reports with a pivot table? Setup a user in symposium and use that password to connect the symposium database.

Crystal is also a good way of creating reports,

Symposium we have sits in Brussels and all European sites refresh there excel spreadsheets which i set up and get there data everyday, when you have the data you can use it anyway you want.

Cheers,

Killian

NextiraOne Ireland

Crystal reports is an excellent tool for this, I built alot of reports in it and scheduled them to run and dump the file in to a web server, the stats were updated every day, and users could view all the information from a simple web based interface

I'm using Crystal Reports 10 to create Symposium reports and Crystal Enterprise 10 schedule and deliver them to another system via FTP connection. It works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back