Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative to Query Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

minli98

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2005
US
Hi,

I was trying to install MS SQL Query Analyzer for my laptop, but I found out that the product has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a good Windows based alternative that is free and small (don't want to install a whole package of programs that I don't use). The database is MS SQL Server 2000.

Thanks!

Min

If you have SQL 2005, you can install the Enterprise Manager. Just because the Query Analyzer is being discontinued, doesn't mean you have to stop using it. The only downside is that you won't be able to connect to 2005 SQL Servers. If that's not an issue, then go ahead and instal QA. If it isan issue...find disk 2 of SQL 2005 and install the client tools (or the DVD).

i use Query Express by albahari.com

extremely small footprint, very fast, but very few bells and whistles

r937.com | rudy.ca

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I tried Query Express and it's perfect for my needs. It's small, runs great, and has a side window pane that shows me all my tables and variables.

Thanks all!

Min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back