Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative to AdLib Express for Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

markorjj

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2007
US
We are running Solaris 10 and currently have AdLib Express running in a win_share.

We would like to get rid of the win_share, but need some sort of an application that performs a similar function to Adlib Express that runs on Solaris.

In theory, any PDF Server software that uses watched folders should woirk - does anyone know of such an application that works on Solaris?

I actually located a product from Adobe called Lifecycle Enterprise Suite (Lifecycle ES) that appears to fit the bill for what I need:

1. Solaris compatible out of the box.
2. Utilizes 'Watched Folders' so the eSign module and Renditions Module should be able make use of the product.

Has anyone had any experience with this product? From the documentation, it appears to do everything I want, with the added capability of eprhaps being able to replace our eForms Management Server also.

I'm in the process of setting up a Sandbox to try out their demo version right now. One of the issues I've encountered so far in installation is:

1. Wants to glomb onto Port 1099 which is the default RMI Registry Port number for Livelink (So I created a new virtual server to contain the product). I haven't been able to find anywhere in the demo documentation where I can change the default installation port.

The default RMI port in LiveLink is 1099, not more, not less. You can change it in one minute and it doesn't affect anything else. Nothing to worry about.

You have 2 options where you can change the port and if you know one, what else do you need? Change it and it's fine.

The RMI Port 1099 I realize, Iand I know that I can change it.

I was more interested in knowing if anyone had experience using this package with Livelink, and if they know of any more traps that I needed to know about.

This appears to be outside the scope of this forum, as long as the product delivers standard output and file formats, then this is not a topic for a LiveLink forum in the first place.

You might watch out for an Adobe forum to discuss issues with that product.

I use the Adobe Rendition engine which is part of Adobe Professional. I analyzed Adobe's Rendition engine - basically a mirror image of AdLib, but has more advanced functionalites - which I needed for my renditioned documents. Thus, the rendition engine is used for our Rendition Module and eSign Workflows. My operating system is Win2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back