Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative to 45M disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pssirab

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2005
US
What options do I have for a F9600vs system with a bad hard drive? The only thing I can find is refurbished one's for $3200. Hate to loose the whole system over what should be a $50 part.

what type of hard drive is it? some hard drives are not available. some can be replaced on the fly. You can't buy a drive off the street there is special formattng of the drive. Also what type of system (VS,ES,MS,M,XL) and version of software.

Thanks for the response. It is a VS system. It currently has release 10 on it. The following are the specs I show for the drive:
Part Number: E15B0135C001
Product Name: Fujitsu FMUL H/D 45MB
Mfr. & System: Fujitsu F9600
Not 100% sure that the drive is the problem, but I am having a hard time getting it to reboot. The 1 time it did reboot it came up with a critical error - instructed to restore the system.

I'm very suprised that you got that many years out of that hard drive! That was manufactored 1992 to about 1994(5)ish.
You are going to need a back-up on the system. Not only do you need a hard drive, you need a new hard disk controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back