Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative for TM3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champino

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2007
CH
Hello together,

we work with a coutry wide phone system With CS1000 and several Brachoffices. We have a TM3 , but we look for a alternative that we can administrate CDN's, ACD's and DSC and all things from one tool, it should be a tool where it is possible for the users in the BO change their Names only from the BO side, because in TM if you change the things in the BO it does not transfer it to the MO so you must change it in the MO to and there you can see all phones. Have somebody heard something from a developer partner or from Nortel that such tool exists ?

thanks Lars

yep, it's called command line.. works like a champ.. only problem is that it's a lot faster then tm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I know that i can program every thing over the command line interface, but i must log into MO and BO to make a change. It is not a problem for me , but my colleagues want do the changes on one tool and the tool should do the rest.

I don't think there is any thing like that.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Would Element Manager work for you? It's basically a GUI for the switch, and you can make a virtual terminal to the switch and use it as a CLI terminal.
I know that a lot of people don't like it or use it, but I have encountered very few problems with it.
Works especially well if you have one switch as the main node that all others connect to.

mk

@resorttech12
thank you for your response.
Yes we use the Elementmanager to and the virtual Terminals, but is the same like with the cli we must login in in MO and BO to do the changes and the changes where not monitored.

Has someone experience with the software called "MerAssistant"

It looks like a tool what is based on a access database.

thanks Lars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back