Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate Credentials??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondLkKid

IS-IT--Management
Sep 25, 2007
US
Hello All,

My first post. I must admit, I have gotten so much good info from this site.

Anyway, I have a simple logon script, and I'd like to add some more functionality to the script.

I'm sure you've all heard the questions before; however, I could not find an answer that helped in my searching.

I have some regedits I'd like to make based on the OS that the person is is using (mainly, WinXP). Now, when running the script when I log in, it works great as I'm part of the domain admins group, hence, I have admin rights on all the workstations. Of course, most of our users are not part of the local admin group on their PC. SO, is there a way I can get the regedits to work via the script for the NON-Admins?

I can't seem to figure out how to get the logon scripts to run with elevated privileges.

Thx All,
Mike

The best and easiest way I could suggest you do this is to install the free AD Add On from Desktop Standard to allow you to set registry keys via GPO.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

you could run a script to run the regedit with domain admin credentials. I'm not sure if it would be easier though to do that or to do what markdmac said. I guess you can give both a try.

and what about the runas Windows XP command?
I use it to do closed down tasks for users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back