Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Altering Xtreme website sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericb1

Programmer
Oct 22, 2004
US
I've been reading through this forum on the topic of .csp vs .asp sites for displaying Crystal Reports and I'm still comewhat confused.

I'm just trying to put together a relatively simple site for some managers to view reports that I'm creating. I've got Crystal Enterprise 10 all set up and running, and frankly, the Xtreme website sample is basically what I'm looking to do. I'm pretty familiar with ASP, but not very with CSP. Is there an easy way to alter the Xtreme sample, just change the logo at the top, change (or remove) the tabs, and alter the report listing?

Is this easy to do? I couldn't find much help on the BO web site on how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

CSP is the same thing as ASP with some minor changes to support Crystal objects... We modified the Xtreme website without any problem. Make sure you have access to the source files on the Crystal server and you'll see how easy it is...

Ok, I guess you're right, thanks, I'm able essentially to modify it for my needs. I just don't understand how the list of available reports gets populated, and how to alter it to my list of reports. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

I was looking/hoping for a simple list populated somewhere, perhaps even an XML file that populates the report list, but I see the report names spread over several pages/files.

Any suggestions on how to get a handle on this? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back