Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alter view after submitting item

Status
Not open for further replies.

krameje

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
US
I am new to Notes programming.

I have created a Notes db that has a frameset with three frames. The top frame is just a gif. The left-hand side frame houses an outline page. The center frame displays one of three items: a calendar view, a list view or an input form.

By default, the calendar view is visible when the user opens the db.

On top of my input form, there is a <Submit> button. Is there a way to have the db revert back to the calendar view after clicking on the <Submit> button?

Thanks in advance,

krameje

Attitudes are contagious

Use the $$Return field to return to any URL you like.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

I am using this db strictly in a Notes environment at the moment. I am not sure how $$Return field will work.

Attitudes are contagious

If I remember correctly, you could use some formulas like this:

- Use @settargetframe to set the target frame that you want to load the calendar view

- Use @command([openview];&quot;viewname&quot;) to open the view you want to the frame.

Hope it helps.

Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu, is there a way to set a target frame through Lotus Script?

Attitudes are contagious

Vincent,

I did find the Lotus script equivalent of @settargetframe. It is: Call notesUIWorkspace.SetTargetFrame( frame$ )

By default, the calendar view is visible in my center frame when a user opens the db. In the left hand frame, I have an embedded outline.

One of the items in the outline opens a form. Once the user completes the form and clicks <Submit>, I would like to have the calendar view open up in the center frame again.

I can do this in VB, however this particular database needs to be in a notes environment.

Thanks in advance for your help,

krameje

Attitudes are contagious

krameje,

When you open a form, is it within a frame? If it is, you could use the settargetframe method to reload just the calendar view.

If not, you have to reload the frame again. Then, it depends on how you setup your frameset (whether it is hard coded with outline on the left and calendar view on the right). If it is hardcoded, it will open straight away. Otherwise, you might need to run some script after you submit your form to load the frameset first and load the calendar view in the centre frame.

Hope it helps.

Vincent Liu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back