Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alter cube data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsh

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
ZA
Hi there,

Does anyone know how to alter the data source of a cube. I have had to move my cubes to another analysis server. I used copy and paste to move them and it worked fine. The problem is the database it accesses is different and I need to use a different data source and other than redoing all the cubes is there a way I can modify the data source for the fact table, and dimensions of the cubes?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can change alias. I am not in an app dev environment right now, but I believe you can right click on the fact or dimension table name in the star schema diagram and change alias.

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because there is more manure there - original.

I also thought that would work, escept when I right click to change the table it only shows me tables availble to the cube data source which I can't figure out how to change either.
Any suggestions?

if you need to change the datasource you can go to the Datasource node in the tree view of Analysis Manager and right click on the datasource and select edit.

"Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!"
- Daffy Duck

I tried to edit the data source by right clicking and choosing edit, but when I am finished the data source stays the same. Does anyone know why this would be happening.

Ryan

I eventually managed to make the change. All the cube data is stored in a .mdb file called msmdrep.mdb

If you open this and edit the records it seems to work. I am sure this is not a good way of doing things but it seems to work and to be honest if it works, and it has few quite some time now, then it is never a bad plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back