Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

alt f11

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendv

Technical User
Apr 10, 2002
US
does anyone know how to prevent users from entering a mdb by hitting alt + f11

Right-click the database window and select Startup. Click the Advanced button in the startup dialog. Uncheck "Use Access Special Keys." The changed option takes affect next time the file MDB is opened. If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874 and thread183-468158.
Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:

Thanks, I'll check out the article. But what I've found is that if you:
1. Open Access
2. (Without a db open) - press Alt-F11 (VBEditor opens)
3. Go back to Access Screen
4. Choose File-Open and open a .mdb and pres Alt-F11
5. And theres the code!

.mde's are different, but I still need to have access to update programatic issues, so new code needs to be generated under .mdb - hence the quandry.

I've run into this problem as well before - I'll note here that one solution to this issue is to right click the project's main title in the project browser window in the coding window. From there you can choose Properties of the project itself. VBA will then give you a screen that has two tabs, one of which is called "protection"

You can put a password on your code to lock others out, yet it will remain uncompiled (unlike making an mde file) so that you can still get in and update the code from time to time.

Ah say, there's somethin' a little "eeeeeeee" 'bout a boy who don't like basbawl...

scroce:

Neat, but ...

How does this work if you are using User Level Security?

How do you open the db for editing?

Thanks.

Larry De Laruelle
ldelaruelle@familychildrenscenter.org

well - it doesn't. This is just for locking things up in a jiffy. As far as I can tell, this just puts a blanket password on the whole thing that you as the developer set.

If you want something more elaborate, then you have to invest some time and coding skills, it seems.

Ah say, there's somethin' a little "eeeeeeee" 'bout a boy who don't like basbawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back