Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Also into bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdy

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I am also interested in making bulleted text. After reading the thread from kdrew00, I tried the previous reply of holding down the alt and typing 0149, but every time that I do it I hold the alt and when I push the 0149 keys I don't get anything, just a bell sound each time I press a number Let me know if I am doing something wrong. Am I supposed to highlight the text or do something that I am not doing? Thanks for the help.

Sounds like your on a mac.......
If on a Mac use "alt/option" (same key) with "8" from the top of the keyboard not from the keypad on the side. Check you key cap utility under your utilities folder for more symbols and such.

For windows only, while in a open document hit t to get your typing tool click left mouse once on page to initiate like normal typing - did you have numberlocks on and using keypad while holding alt -after punching in 0149 release alt and after you release alt the bullet shows up. Try, try again.

OK. I finally got it. My problem was that I was using a laptop and trying to press alt and hit the numbers. What you have to do is press the Fn key so that you use the keypad numbers on the keyboard. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back