Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALS for fax on IPO 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcw2

Programmer
Dec 5, 2005
CA
I have a fax that will be used for outgoing only on any available CO line. In the advanced settings I have chosen fax but on the button selection menu it wants me to select what look like all digital sets. I don't see an analog option.

Is there some way of modifying the ALS so it doesn't include the intercom? The modify ALS is ghosted and I can't "get at it".

Thank you.

I literally have no clue what you're talking about, is this basic mode or something?

"No problem monkey socks

I'm guessing Partner or Basic mode

Go to User Setup - Button Programming, tick the box for Modify ALS Programming, press the Clear ALS button, click on Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, Line 4, etc., then Apply

Thank you for your replies. This system is set up Key ULAW. It is equipped with 1 combination card and 1 TCM 8 with an ATM4 daughter card.

I want an out going only fax to be able to select only one of the 5 CO loop start lines (and no intercom) The system has automatically assigned 2 intercom buttons and the 5 CO lines. The manager (10.1) offers what only appear to be digital sets and I can't seem to edit the list of keys. The "modify ALS programming" box is ghosted so I can't check it.

This is the first of these systems I've installed but with the Norstar and BCM being sunsetted figured this system would be a better option for this customer and they could use their old Norstar sets.

The issue only happens if you check fax extension (and I don't know why). If you set it as a standard phone you can then manipulate the ALS. You may want to try that and see if faxes go through ok without it being designated a fax extension (since it is only being used outbound).

Thanks once again for the help. Starting to get the jitters as the cut over is tomorrow and I didn't have any dial tone at the site plus I'm baffled with all the lisencing options. I was told I didn't need anything more for the basic mode. I have some time to work on the outgoing fax as there is a dedicated line for incoming. It looks like a versatile system with options for the future should they choose to lisence and use them.

Pick 3920 as the phone type, then you can modify the ALS, even it if is administered as a Fax extension.

I don't know what assigning the equipment type as fax will get you - in the old days, on a real Partner system, if you added a DSS/BLF button for the fax extension, and it failed to take a call (because the thermal roll paper was empty!!), the BLF light would blink until you changed the paper roll and it took a successful call. (Pretty worthless feature)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back