Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alphabetical order!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat

Technical User
Aug 26, 2001
SE
I have done a website for a swedish organisation. On the website there is a directory listing member companies., ordered by their names.

I am based in Australia adn have therefore built the website on english software.

the website is hosted in NZ.

In the Swedish alphabet there are three characters more than the english alphabet, which means that the list of companies will not be sorted in the right order, from a Swdish point of view.

How can I get the list to be sorted in a Swedish alphabetical order??

thanks!

how often will the listings change? "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

I dont think it will change that often, but the website is built in such way so the organisation can add/change/delete themselves so as soon as they get a new member they will add that company to the list.

Somebody else may want to field this - to the best of my experience - and not knowing the characters, you will run into the problem you mentioned.

This would be a jury-rig solution, not very pretty either, but you could do an additional field, and just number it to "force" a certain order - your recordset would be sorted by say category (or letter) then numerical.

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back