Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alpha tagging incoming calls on CUCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

msaunder1972

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
GB
Hi,

apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, however I couldn't find it. Is there a way of alpha tagging lines on CUCM. I need any calls that are presented to a particular line to be given a specific name.
I have set up a Translation Pattern to route calls to a Hunt List. While I have named the Hunt List and internal calls to that Hunt List show the specific name, the attached DDI that routes to the Hunt List via a Translation Pattern overwrites this name. Can this be prevented or is there a way of ensuring the number also presents the same name?

In service parameters make sure the "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls When Alerting" is set to true, which is the default.
Also make sure you have a name in the hunt pilot or it will display the DN
Keep in mind this will display only in the alerting state, once the call is answered it will show the caller information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back