Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AlohaQS won't load terminals ver 5.3.43e

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIClukie

Technical User
May 19, 2008
US
Aloha Qs system XP SERVER XP TERMS
sat unused for 3 months in closed restaurant.
Redundancy error on term1 master now
Master term1 and term2 go thru reload but hang on requesting configuration,then times out to windows screen.
Both terms mapped to z:\\alohaboh\bootdrv
Terminal are radiant P1220-0153

do you have a security key (HASP) on the server? I can only presume that the redundancy error deals with exceeding 21 days.

Debouts will show what is going on with it dropping to Windows.

Hello
Security hasp is in place
debout shows nothing unusual
How can i get term1 out of redundancy error?
Thanks

First, check and make sure that the "CtlSvr" service is running on the back of house (BOH) server.

If it is, check that your terms are logging into the terminal with a username and password that match an account existing on the BOH server. Check that the user has adequate permissions on the network. Generally, these users are assigned to the Administrator group.

What is happening is that the Term can't access the BOH server to find a valid security key.

If the two suggestions didn't help, please post the last 2 days or so worth of debout info from both term1 and the BOH server.

*NOTE: My advice is only advice. Use at your own risk. I can not be held liable for misuse or any other circumstances that may arise. It is your responsibility to have a valid backup of all data before performing a procedure of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back