Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AlohaQS Terminals Suddenly Want CC Security Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvlax50

Technical User
May 27, 2008
US
My terminals (running 6.7.53) suddenly are asking for zip code and CVV for all credit card transactions, not just manually entered ones. On VISA, MC, Discover, and Amex card types under the security verifications tab they all have "Enter Address Verification Code" and "Enter Security Code" checked. "All Cards" is UNchecked in both the "Address Verification" and "Security Code" boxes, so it shouldn't be asking for zip code and CVV for swiped cards, only for manual cards.

This has been going on for the past week. I unchecked both "Enter..." boxes so that the system wouldn't be interrupting every transaction for now (since we're fast casual we can't waste time like that at the counter), but I'm wondering if anyone knows why the system isn't behaving the way it should be. Thanks.

Unchecked those and refreshed this morning. The terminal stopped asking for verification codes.

Interestingly enough, my staff told me that it only happens on one terminal. This terminal is also the one that wouldn't read loyalty cards but would read credit cards. At this point I'm thinking I may need to just order a replacement card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back