Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha upgrade instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakins

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2007
US
Need some step by step instructions to upgrade Aloha 6.2.16 to 6.4.29. I have the 6.4.29 install disk. Servers are a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP. I have run AlohaInstall from the CD but can't seem to get it to work. It goes through the process fine and then asks for a reboot. Ctlsvr and edcsvr do not get registered and Aloha Manager version still shows 6.2.16. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is your key licensed for 6.5 and do you have the sec numbers for 6.5? If not you will have to contact your dealer and pay for an upgrade.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Yes. Key is licensed and I have sec numbers

Coorsman
Did you happen to find the update file? Also, did I see on here that you know the guys over at Cabaret?

My best friend ownes cabaret systems in Charlotte.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Ill find the 6.5 update for you.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thanks for looking. I've known Jeff for quite a while.

You also need to make sure that you run the vcredist_86.exe as an administrator. Also, run the update as the administrator, if you do not it will look like it all went through, but in reality it did not. You can also double check the debout.set located in the root of C. This will help you get a little more insight into what is wrong...

Finally got the update to work by downloading a different version of Visual C++ 2005 (version was 8.0.61001). Never got it working right from the full install CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back