Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha upgrade instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakins

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2007
US
Need some step by step instructions to upgrade Aloha 6.2.16 to 6.4.29. I have the 6.4.29 install disk. Servers are a mix of Windows 7 and Windows XP. I have run AlohaInstall from the CD but can't seem to get it to work. It goes through the process fine and then asks for a reboot. Ctlsvr and edcsvr do not get registered and Aloha Manager version still shows 6.2.16. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you upgraded your Aloha key and key numbers. With Aloha you are restricted to a certian version of the software. You have to purchase each version thru your delaer and that requires $$$ each time. If you have 6.2 then you must stay within that version. 6.4 is a different version. If you plan on keeping aloha you might as well bite the bullet and purchase the latest 7.0 version. Aloha currently only supports 6.4, 6.5, 6.7, and possibly a new version 2013.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Yes. License is good for 6.5

My advice would be to seek the assistance of a well qualified Aloha veteran either on-site or remotely. By design Aloha can get very angry and do it's own thing regardless of you intentions. The list of pitfalls in upgrading the software is honestly too long to type here. Coorsman, want to collaberate on a book?

Thanks. Will give it a try.

Tried running it. Checking prerequisites gives an error about msvcr80.dll. Microsoft C++ 2005 is installed. Tried uninstalling C++ and re-installing it. Same error.

Did you overwrite the old Aloha folder when you install 6.4?

Also, this may sound a bit off but sometimes this thing works... try running the batch file to unregister the 6.2 installation then run the register6.4 batch file 2 to 3 times to register your new version.

Run the c++ thats on the install disk.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Have you upsated all service packs on windows

Cheers,
Coorsman

Yes. Windows 7 SP1 with all Windows updates installed.

Are you installing aloha in bootdrv and not on drive
C:
Cheers,
Coorsman

I would rename the old aloha directory and try a clean install. Then copy the data and newdata folder into the newly created aloha folder.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman
Do you have the AlohaUpdate file to update to 6.5 as well?

What version are you currently running?

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back