Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha undo make fileserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

loril311

Technical User
Mar 11, 2009
US
We had a power outage and one of the terminals didn't see the fileserver after everything came up. The other terminals were fine. Before I could look into the connectivity issue, a helpful employee executed the "make fileserver". How do I undo this?

In aloha manager under utilities there is a file server recovery. Select this, nothing will happen on the server end. Just have someone check the terminals at the same time, they will say file server recovering for a second.

Thank you, but I still have the problem. All the other terminals recognized the original file server both before and after I tried that, but the one that they issued the "make fileserver" command on still thinks it's the file server. Is there something to do on that machine?

Can you connect to/browse the terminal from the server?
Can you connect to/browse the server from the terminal?

If either of these answers is "no," then you have a connectivity problem and the terminal may be putting itself into redundancy when it comes up.

If you can connect and read/write/delete in both directions then at some point, turn off all of the terminals at once. Then turn on the last master terminal first. Let it come up all the way. Turn on the problemed terminal second. Let it come up all the way. If it still doesn't come out of redundancy, turn on the rest so your business is back up and running and come back to the forum to report your results.

If you do come back, it would help to have a snippet of the last 3 minutes of the debout on the terminal located in the %iberdir%\tmp folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back