Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha TS - Setting <$25 auto credit card approval for SOME revenue centers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
Sorry for the possibly confusing subject. This is what I am trying to do. My restaurant has two different restaurants on 1 aloha system at 1 physical location.
Fast casual during the day, fine dining at night.

We want the fast casual to implement the settings needed to not print a credit card signature receipt when a transaction is under $25. But we do not want this affecting our fine dining.

Can someone assist with how to implement this, bearing in mind if this is even possible =)

Thank you,
Jon R.

What you want to do is not possible. Sadly the general setting for aloha to print or not print authorizations applies to all credit cards and not by revenue centers. If the fast casual is always under $25 you can make a change in hardware settings and remove the voucher printer from those terminals. Then credit card slips would never print.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

It's not possible. That's a global limit. You can disable voucher printer altogether by terminal or tender. I know of a business that had to have the option of not printing the voucher so they created secondary credit tenders to use when they didn't want a voucher. It created a reporting nightmare.

Series_of_Tubes

One of the managers asked about separate tender buttons. I explained that this would require a separate tender button for EACH credit card type. It would double the reporting for the accounting department. Not to mention training difficulties.

Does NCR accept feature requests? Seems like a simple one.

Setting up double payments would still not account for cc prints. You would be able to have the two tenders report to the same group. you could create labor groups that would choose which payment type each labor group could use but you still would not be able to stop it from printing credit card slips

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

You're right AlohaRoss. It was guest checks I was thinking about.

NCR does custom development but it is usually expensive or for huge chains. I can almost guarantee it would be cheaper to install a second aloha system then have them add a voucher option.

Well in this case, its cheaper for us to figure out other ways to speed up our cashiering and customer line =)

If you're using CFC/NAM, you can create an autodetect CC tender that has "Do not print vouchers" checked in maintenance\payments\tenders\ on the authorization tab. Call the tender CreditCard, set it up according to the doc for autodetecting credit cards, then at your daytime/nighttime cutoff time, disable it with an event. That'll actually speed up the fast casual tender process a bit, since your cashier will only have one button to hit instead of selecting one, and it'll leave the usual setup in place for the evening service. They'll also have access to the regular tenders for exceptionally large orders that you're going to want a signature for, but the night shift won't be able to use the non-print because the button just won't be there.

I think. Right? If not, I can think of a couple other ways to skin this cat.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back