Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Time Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoothirteen

Technical User
Apr 2, 2010
US
I know allot of you guys have answered these questions and I have searched though them trying to find out if I can fix it but nothing has worked so far. So let me tell you a little about this system. I didn't have any problems with the time until spring forward. The min that happy the time has been nothing but crazy, I have 5 Terms and I BOH I have tried to set them to MST and have the DST checked and the BOH has the option selected to sysc FOH with BOH and the time zone and DST are the same on the BOH but I get nothing but crazy times on the Terms. Sometimes they are a hour behind and sometimes they are 4 hours behind. So then I set everything to Arizona time and still the same problem. I'm at a loss here. Can anybody help me out? Also the time patch has been placed on the terms and BOH with windows patch anyways. Not sure about aloha. Im running with98 and win2k winxp on the FOH and on the BOH its windows 2k. Also the aloha version is 5.3.46e

you will probably want to do this either after EOD or before you open.

you should just need to stop the ctlsvr service, go to your aloha\data folder and delete the timezone.ini. make sure that the correct time is set on the back office, start the ctlsvr service and refresh. this should resync all of the terminals to the BOH. in some odd cases, i've seen where you might need to change the time zone on the master terminal (exception, not the norm).

That didn't do it. Also the Timezone.ini is that supposed to be recreated by the service??? Cause it never created a new ini.

try to do this way:
1, disconnect the network connection from each other.
2, terminal by terminal, set the time zone to MST, and DISSELECT the DST. set the time to right time.
on the ibercfg.bat file, make sure there is a line" Net time \\alohaboh /set /yes" right before the line to call iber. I am assuming that you BOH's name is ALOHABOH?
after that, shutdown each term
3, in the BOH, set the time zone to MST, and select the DST option.
4, shutdown BOH
5, reconnect the network
6, turn on BOH
7, turn all the term on
8, if necessary, refresh data.
should do it

It worked on the Windows 2k and Windows XP machine but on the three windows 98 machines still no go. It's still a hour behind. Any other ideas?

would you double check the win98 time zone set up right?

I remember our old ibercfg.bat looks like this:
SET IBERROOT=Aloha
SET LOCALDIR=C:\Aloha
SET CALIBRATE=C:\Program Files\MicroTouch\TouchWare\MtsCal.exe
SET EDCPATH=\\ALOHABOH\BOOTDRV\Aloha\EDC
SET TERMSTR=TERM
SET TERM=3
SET NUMTERMS=5
SET SERVER=ALOHABOH
SET MASTERCAPABLE=TRUE
SET SERVERCAPABLE=TRUE
SET AUTOEXIT=TRUE
COPY %LOCALDIR%\newbin\*.* %LOCALDIR%\bin
NET TIME \\ALOHABOH /SET /YES
ECHO y | DEL %LOCALDIR%\newbin\*.*

on windows 98, make sure you do normal shutdown or reboot, instead of hard turn off the power. I am not sure, but sounds like your win98 time zone set up wrong, still

I did that and they are still behind a hour. Man I just don't get it. They all worked just fine before spring forward

I installed that patch and still a hour behind. I'm thinking I need to throw this system out the window lol

Also not sure if this matters but the system came from the east coast and all the time zones have been set to MST also the bios time is correct. Also I tried to set everything to AZ and the windows 98 machines still go back a hour.

Alright so when I did some testing when one of the windows 98 computers are the master all is well and the time is right. But one one of the windows 2k or the windows xp computer is the master the windows 98 computers fall back a hour. So not sure what to do now. Please somebody fill me in.

Keeping it simple,
Put that whole system on Indiana East time and be done with it. That time zone does not do time change. Next time there is a time change, change the time on the server and refresh.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

I wish I could BO but the problem is that I already did that. I had the whole system on AZ time and the 98 computers where still a hour behind! FML

You could always set the others to never be master capable. Not always a good idea but in a jam it will work. Better idea is to upgrade all terms to same OS. Not always the cheapest route but in the long run the best.

In aloha manager under maintenance - system - store settings - check one of the tabs across and look for internationl time and check that one. Stop control service, fix time on all machines. Restart control service.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back