Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Time Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyer777

Technical User
Feb 22, 2011
US
When I change the time on the terminals (Radiant 1510)it holds until the terminal syns up with the server, then it falls back 1 hour.
I checked the Windows XP settings and the terminals and server are all set the same EST with daylight savings time checked off.
Any suggestions.

Thanks

Stop the ctlsvr service on the BOH.
Kill iber on the FOH terminals.

Delete the DATA\timezone.ini on the BOH.

You may want to also delete the DATA\timezone.ini on each terminal (I usually do).

Set the BOH to the correct time and time zone.

Start the ctlsvr service on the BOH and it will create a new timezone.ini

Start the FOH terminals and they should pick up the new timezone.ini and sync up correctly.

If the above doesn't work, you may want to look into the dst_2007 patch that Aloha/Radiant released. There are instructions on this page:

If you run a FOH terminal or interface terminal on the BOH can affect this unless you are on a current version, because even if the interface terminal is not master or server capable it will get the time sync'd from the Master terminal, which causes a loop where the master terminal will technically sync the BOH. This issue was addressed in a recent Aloha update.

During CTLSvr startup, the time is sent as a broadcast message to all FOH devices. Cycling CTLSvr should be all you need to do to send the time to all terminals.

Thank you all for the help.
It was the installation of the patch that resolved toe problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back