Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha terminals not conecting to iternet after rebooting router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgator

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
US
I have a problem on my office computer that is running vista that is not in the ibertech workgroup disconecting from the internet. My server is running server 2000 and the two terminals are running xp pro. I rebooted the router and now the office computer and the server conect local and internet but the two terminals only connect local. The internet connection does not light up green on the terminals but does on the server and office computer and they will not access the internet for credit card approval. ????

Sorry want to be more clear. There is no problem with my office computer or the aloha server. The problem is with the 2 terminals. All are hooked up to the same router but the two terminals are comunicating with the server but are not accessing the internet.

The terminals are not supposed to connect to the internet. They communicate to the server then the server sends to credit card information to the processor then back to the terminals.

Cheers,
Coorsman

ok Thanks! It isn't the connection problem at all. My local connection is working fine and so is internet. But the credit cards are being declined: Systems.Error

jpgator... Are you still having this problem? Is your server ALWAYS connected to the internet during operational hours?

Ok thanks to all who replied. After calling again and questioning my cc processor there were new updates that made my Aloha version out of date and that I would need to upgrade the Aloha software so there was nothing wrong with one of my pc terminals the other one just crashed in windows startup and needed to be wiped clean which is what threw me off. Funny how all this sh#@ happens on the same day. But I've reloaded a backup pc and everything is working accept CC and when I get the new Aloha in I'll be back on line. CC processor said nothing before 6.4 . Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back