Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha terminal System date Keeps advancing 1 day triggering EOD.

Newbie-IT

MIS
Aug 23, 2024
Hi.

we recently acquired some restaurant which uses Aloha point of sale version 6.77 with 1 aloha BOH server and 2 FOH Terminals.

everything was working fine then there was a power interruption. When the power was fixed the BOH server and FOH also went up.
After few hour EOD was triggered messing up sales and Date of business.

I manually reverted back the date thru Aloha.ini inside DATA and NewData folder to the correct date. Deleted the Dated Folder that was created and cleared the all transactions back to zero.

Everything was running well when the waiter noticed the Sysdate on Master terminal was 1 day ahead, I connected and manually change the date back to original date but it keeps changing back to a next day.

What i have checked so far

-No Daylight saving of BOH.
-No timezone.ini in data
-synchronize time with back offcie time is ticked.
-DOB cannot exceed System date is ticked
-TImezones for both Aloha srver and Terminal is same.

Terminal 2 is okay just the master teminal.

Hope someone can help me with this. I have been trying to fix for few days now

Aloha version : 2.77
Operating system: Windows 7 32bit
Terminal : NCR P1230

It must be synchronizing with a PC that has the wrong date and time in it. Change the PC it’s pointed to and see if that fixes it. Maybe it thinks a different PC is the Backoffice. Does it have to be the Backoffice?

Make sure the terminal Date match BOH Date and Time. All the terminal Aloha.ini and Boh Aloha.ini DOB are match (data folder and Newdata folder). restart terminal. do you force EOD. and Do Not Refresh Data. Let the Aloha EOD.

Lo primero que debes hacer es reemplazar las baterias internas en las terminales FOH.
Si tienes 2 terminales lo que debes hacer es lo siguiente:
--1- antes que hagas cualquier cosa debes hacer un backup del archivo TRANS.LOG, asi ya tienes guardada la venta por que ese proceso borra la venta
--2- apaga la registradora que no tiene el mensaje en donde dice que el año no es 20xx
--3- Deja encendida la que tiene el mensaje hasta que cargue con el logo de Aloha o el que tengas configurado
--4- Cuando ya cargue apagala asi tendras las dos registradoras apagadas
--5- ve al BOH y copia el backup que hiciste del TRANS.LOG a la carpeta DATA
--6- Ahoa enciende la registradora que apagaste de primero (la que NO tenia el mensaje)
--7- Cuando te cargue revisa que tenga la venta y si hiciste los pasos como te lo explique ahi tendras la venta completa
--8- Ahora enciende la registradora que apagaste de ultimo y debe cargar con la configuracion y venta del dia

asi tendaras la venta recuperada y todo te debe quedar normal (cajeros asignados, gerente y la venta)

esprero te sirva y recuerda que debes cambiar la bateria interna de cada registradora

saludos,

It must be synchronizing with a PC that has the wrong date and time in it. Change the PC it’s pointed to and see if that fixes it. Maybe it thinks a different PC is the Backoffice. Does it have to be the Backoffice?

Hmm. All FOH terminals including BOH (backoffice) has the exact same time and date even the format is same, also checked the region settings it's all the same. so what i did for now is turn off terminal 1, i am planning to reset the pc later on and see if it fixes anything.

Hi.

we recently acquired some restaurant which uses Aloha point of sale version 6.77 with 1 aloha BOH server and 2 FOH Terminals.

everything was working fine then there was a power interruption. When the power was fixed the BOH server and FOH also went up.
After few hour EOD was triggered messing up sales and Date of business.

I manually reverted back the date thru Aloha.ini inside DATA and NewData folder to the correct date. Deleted the Dated Folder that was created and cleared the all transactions back to zero.

Everything was running well when the waiter noticed the Sysdate on Master terminal was 1 day ahead, I connected and manually change the date back to original date but it keeps changing back to a next day.

What i have checked so far

-No Daylight saving of BOH.
-No timezone.ini in data
-synchronize time with back offcie time is ticked.
-DOB cannot exceed System date is ticked
-TImezones for both Aloha srver and Terminal is same.

Terminal 2 is okay just the master teminal.

Hope someone can help me with this. I have been trying to fix for few days now

Aloha version : 2.77
Operating system: Windows 7 32bit
Terminal : NCR P1230
Lo primero que debes hacer es reemplazar las baterias internas en las terminales FOH.
Si tienes 2 terminales lo que debes hacer es lo siguiente:
--1- antes que hagas cualquier cosa debes hacer un backup del archivo TRANS.LOG, asi ya tienes guardada la venta por que ese proceso borra la venta
--2- apaga la registradora que no tiene el mensaje en donde dice que el año no es 20xx
--3- Deja encendida la que tiene el mensaje hasta que cargue con el logo de Aloha o el que tengas configurado
--4- Cuando ya cargue apagala asi tendras las dos registradoras apagadas
--5- ve al BOH y copia el backup que hiciste del TRANS.LOG a la carpeta DATA
--6- Ahoa enciende la registradora que apagaste de primero (la que NO tenia el mensaje)
--7- Cuando te cargue revisa que tenga la venta y si hiciste los pasos como te lo explique ahi tendras la venta completa
--8- Ahora enciende la registradora que apagaste de ultimo y debe cargar con la configuracion y venta del dia

asi tendaras la venta recuperada y todo te debe quedar normal (cajeros asignados, gerente y la venta)

esprero te sirva y recuerda que debes cambiar la bateria interna de cada registradora

saludos,
Thanks and Kudos to the pointer you have provided.

This will be a good reference in the future.
I have set the sales back to zero cause they only have like 3-5 transactions around that time so I asked them to re-punch those.

The Date is only causing the issue which is advancing 1 day that will trigger the EOD if left un-noticed, the year is fine.

I just turned off the Terminal that causing the issue. terminal 2 is running fine.

I will try to changed the CMOS battery to try if this works. Until then I will keep the terminal Off.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Make sure the terminal Date match BOH Date and Time. All the terminal Aloha.ini and Boh Aloha.ini DOB are match (data folder and Newdata folder). restart terminal. do you force EOD. and Do Not Refresh Data. Let the Aloha EOD.
Hi,

Yes all the Terminal and BOH has the same time and date(Timezone, Region settings and format). I did do this method as well. but the issue still persist. BOH and Terminal 2 is running fine. Only terminal 1 is making this fuss. advancing 1 day ahead. once left un-noticed it will trigger EOD and if still left un-notice it will keep advancing 1 day ahead and keep doing EOD.

If I don't find any soltuion then it is time to change the POS Terminal itself. XD

Thanks.

See if there is a setting in the POS that points it to a time server. Older POS systems used to have a way to sync the terminals. Also see if the terminal is able to reach the server that it is set to sync to.

See if there is a setting in the POS that points it to a time server. Older POS systems used to have a way to sync the terminals. Also see if the terminal is able to reach the server that it is set to sync to.

Yes I did, I have checked everywhere i can and found nothing, there is no other program Installed aside from the Aloha FOH Terminal and printer for the OPOS printer and some radiant programs for biometrics.

The only way that work is to restrict and disable the users from changing time, date and timezone thru local group policy. I only leave LOCAL SERVICE. for now it seems working but it is not the correct solution XD. I also suspect is the CMOS battery failing. Haven't have the time to visit the site yet.

Another solution in mind after changing the CMOS battery is to reset the POS to factory settings and re-install the terminal.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back