Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Terminal PXE E53 Error on Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy221

Technical User
May 17, 2012
US
I have a problematic 1220 terminal with new HDD running xp pro and tableservice. Occasionally after the system freezes up, upon restard i get a DHCP: with a rotatingn slash (/) and then a PXE-53 Error: No Boot Filename Received.

After removing power to the Hard Drive and restarting, i run a chkdsk, with usually repairs some files and the system will be good for maybe another 2 days. This happened with the last terminal at this location and this is a brand new terminal w/ Brand new HDD. Is this a physical equipment issue?

The PXE software is what is used to reimage the terminal. I would suggest going into the Bios of the terminal and letting it boot off of the HDD first and avoid looking for the network boot. If it continues to happen, then I would look at the electricity of that particular terminal location as the culprit and try to put a power conditioner in between the wall and the terminal. Hope that helps.

if i change boot order to HDD first and maybe network/pxe third or later would that probibit the terminal from refreshing from the BOH server?

No. PXE only runs before the OS starts. Refresh only has to do with a marker file created on the fileserver and the settings in the ibercfg on the terminal(s).

No, the boot order has nothing to do with the software until you actually get to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back