Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha terminal coming up as Master when set to False

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRUNMAN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2013
US
Super confused. I have an environment where we have 11 terminals running aloha. There are a few terminals that I don't want to be running as Masters since the restaurant turn those off and turn them on when the restaurant gets full.

The following below is the IBER I have on TERM 1 for example. But when master goes down TERM1 still takes over even tho I have SET MASTERCAPABLE=FALSE something doesn't make sense. It is like it is ignoring the IBER. Anyone have similar issues?

SET IBERROOT=aloha
SET LOCALDIR=C:\Aloha-system\aloha
SET CALIBRATE=C:\Calib.bat
SET EDCPATH=\\ldcserver3\bootdrv\ALOHA\EDC
SET TERMSTR=TERM
SET TERM=1
SET NUMTERMS=11
SET SERVER=LDCSERVER3
SET MASTERCAPABLE=FALSE
SET SERVERCAPABLE=FALSE
SET DOUBLECLICK=TRUE
SET AUTOEXIT=TRUE
SET REBOOTNT=TRUE
COPY %LOCALDIR%\newbin\*.* %LOCALDIR%\bin
ECHO y | DEL %LOCALDIR%\newbin\*.*
START C:\Aloha-system\aloha\BIN\IBER.EXE

It is probably either in the environment variables or another ibercfg.bat that is overwriting it.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the environment variables. There is no line for MASTERCABLE or SERVERCAPBLE so I don't think that is it. For ibercfg.bat they only one is in the c:\aloha-system\aloha folder with a shortcut in startup.

Not sure what is overwritting it?

Aloha version 6.5
Terminal OS xp embedded

Thanks.

IBERCFG.BAT was corrupted. Copied from a working temrinal. Now working as expeceted.

Appricate the help!

James

Yes, in a normal world if you edit the ibergcfg.bat file and put false on master or server capable @ the core bat file, it shouldn't take those roles.

In my case, I have tried what you are doing because I do have some mix match clones that are weaker, so I try for them not to take the role of master or fileserver. it worked on some of my terms, but a better trick..... just take the ibergcfg out of the startup and place it on the desktop and manually launch it after all terms are floating.. lol works for me

cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back