Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALOHA TBv5.3 cash owed question

Status
Not open for further replies.

misstoid

Instructor
Feb 14, 2007
my bartenders and cocktail waitresses cash owed doesn't always match their cc tips made. is there anyone who could explain to me why this would happen. one example is a bartenders cash owed at the end of her shift was -209 which means the house owes her 209, but her cc tips made that day were only 79.oo

i'm so confused

Ummmm...cash owed means that's the money THEY owe the house. CC Tips is what they have made in credit card tips. The system automatically deducts their cc tips from their cash owed. Now, if you owe the server/bartender money, the amount on cash owed will be negative. This generally happens when the credit card sales by the server exceed cash sales. If you are giving them the "Cash Owed" amount, you're giving them your money!!!

i'm sorry for not being clear. i know what cash owed means. what i'm asking is why would the amount -209 (i owe them) show on cash owed when cc tips are only 79?

I have dealt with similar questions with our service and management teams. I can't really give a good answer without seeing the checkout. Is there any way you can post the details of the server checkout in question?

In that case, it seems to be the calculation...meaning cash vs. credit cards. Like zahead31 says, though...this would be easier to answer if you posted the checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back