Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Takeout Install Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodE2Shoes

Technical User
May 5, 2013
US
I'm having trouble installing Aloha Takeout on the Windows Server (Windows 7). It gives me the error:

"There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Has anyone else encountered this error before? I have already deleted and reinstalled .NET framework 4 to no avail. Thanks.

Have you tried to reinstall choosing "run as an administrator". Is the install error on FOH or BOH. For BOH, You can also look at the debout.set file on the root of c: to see where it fails and why. Just open in notepad. On FOH did you run out of disk space? It could be a few other issues, but without seeing the error or some other settings it will be hard to diagnose from here.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Lol just saw your post on reddit... try transferring the installer file again. This is what causes this issue. The installer package is bad. If you need to download it again from aloha update or try a different ato version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back